You might not realize this, but there is quite a demand out there for industrial coating services companies. In case you’re not familiar with what such companies do, they provide industrial painting and coating services to companies working in manufacturing, oil and gas, and other industries. Industrial coating companies coat surfaces with various materials in an effort to protect them. For instance, if a company has a drill that they transport from one gas site to another, they need to make sure that that drill isn’t going to corrode or become damaged from the amount of time it spends outside. They need the drill to be protected from the wind, from rain, and from erosion from dirt. Thus, they hire a professional industrial coating services company like Precision Pro to coat the equipment in a protective layer. For some pieces of equipment this protective layer will be paint, and for others it will be some type of compound such as polyurethane or silicon coating.
As you can imagine, the work that these companies do is incredibly important. The equipment that they’re coating is incredibly expensive, so if they don’t do the coating the right way, the company getting the coating done could stand to lose thousands of dollars. For instance, if oil & gas industrial coatings aren’t done right and a drill starts to corrode and eventually breaks, the oil and gas company is going to be out hundreds of thousands of dollars. That’s simply unacceptable. Thus, every company out there hiring an industrial coating company needs to make sure the company they’re hiring is competent. To help you find such a company, here is a list of five things that you should be looking for.
1. Experience. First and foremost, you need to find a company with at least five years of experience in the industry. It takes about that long for a company to train up their staff to be great at what they do. The more years of experience they have applying coatings to equipment, the better.
2. A Stellar Reputation. Second, only work with industrial coating companies with great reputations. Take some time to research them online before you hire them.
3. A Clear Understanding of their Craft. Obviously, they need to have a thorough understanding of their craft. Spend some time on their website to make sure that they know what they’re talking about.
4. A Variety of Certifications. It never hurts if they can show you a variety of certifications that they’ve obtained in the industry. It gives you a better sense of their level of competency.
5. A Variety of Services. Finally, it’s a good idea to pick an industrial coating company that offers a variety of services. The more types of coating they can do and the more industrial painting they can do, the better. This is because different types of equipment need different kinds of coats. Thus, the more kinds of coats they know how to do, the more likely it is that they’ll know what each piece of equipment you own needs in terms of its coating.