Visitors to Egypt are required to obtain a visa so as to be allowed entry to the country. This excludes citizens from the visa exempted countries who can visit the country for a period of up to 3 months without an Egyptian visa. These include the following countries:
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Hong Kong
Under certain conditions, this visa-free exemption may also apply to the citizens of the following nations:
- South Sudan
For those seeking to obtain an Egyptian Business Visa, there are a set of requirements that need to be met. This includes the possession of the following:
1. A Passport
You need to provide your original passport as well as two copies of the page of the passport bearing your personal details.
Your Passport should also meet the following criteria:
- Have a validity period of 6 months
- Have a blank visa page. This excludes the endorsement and amendments pages as they can not be used for this purpose.
- Should not be altered, torn, frayed or separated in any way.
Two coloured, passport sized photographs meeting the following criteria must be provided in order to be issued with a business visa:
* Must be of high quality and shouldn’t be more than 3 months old.
* Must be shot against an all white background.
* Should measure two inches by two inches.
* Must provide the full frontal display of your facial features and your face should be centred in the middle of the photograph. Maintain a neutral expression (non-smiling) during the taking of the photograph.
* A headgear shouldn’t be worn during the taking of the photograph unless it’s strictly for religious reasons. Eye wear should also be removed.
* The photographs should also not be attached to the application form by use of staples or adhesive tape.
3.Proof of Travel Arrangements
Provision of proof of of travel arrangements is also considered a basic requirement. This includes:
* Two copies of an itinerary or an e-ticket displaying details of your round trip travel as well as the entry and exit days of your visit.
* Should bear your full names as is displayed on your passport.
4. Visa Application Form
2 dully filled visa application forms should also be provided. The application forms should:
* Be fully completed with answers in all fields.
* Display your full names as is indicated on your passport
* Be signed
5. Business Cover Letter
A Business Cover Letter from the company that you’re working at should also be provided. 2 copies of the Business Cover Letter should be included.
If you’re applying for a work permit, a proof of having undergone a HIV test is required.
A business Visa can also be obtained upon arrival in Egypt for citizens of the following countries;
* EU Nations
* New Zealand
* Republic of Korea
The Egypt Visa on Arrival can be obtained at the Egyptian port of entry which includes the Egyptian airports as well the land borders.